As any writer would know, writing is hard. But figuring out what your going to write about is just as!
So, for all the lazy people (me included) I compiled a list of prompts, so if we ever can’t figure out what to write, just stop by here.
Some of these prompts I have used in the past, and some I may use in the future, so if you write anything using these prompts, be sure to tell me, as I love to check out what you wrote, plus see what you did differently than myself.
Enough chit-chat, here are the prompts you’ve been waiting for:
- “I’m mute!” She shouted in the chaos.
- “Okay, I’ve got the cake mix, did you grab the head phones?”
- “Kill the child. It’s the right thing to do.”
- “You’re such a human!” “Did you just call me a human?”
- “I know pi by heart. All of it. 3.14159265…”
- “But you just said that you couldn’t eat!”
- You experience you a close call, and your life flashes before your eyes- Except it’s not your life.
- I rolled my eyes. Of course I get stuck with someone who’s morals are as twisted as my mind.
- Yesterday, humanity discovered how to send packages back in time. Today, you receive a package from yourself.
- She added a charm onto her bracelet for every life she took.
- Your character finds “DO NOT DO THIS!!” list that his friend complied… But he finds it the same day as this friends funeral.
- Monsters fear humans will find the immortal race, but we have no clue they exist. Yet.
- Write something that deeply involves a blow drier.
- One of your characters can only use lines from songs to communicate.
- The story is written from passerby’s perspectives.
- The secondary character is the sidekick, whilst being the villain.
- Write a story from the end to the beginning.
- Pick two of your short stories, and write another one with these two combined.